Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Success story..........

So, I just noticed 'so' is my favourite method of beginning a paragraph, and I shouldn't necessarily (by necessarily, I mean grammatically) do that. But I feel helpless to do anything else, so...........

As you might have read in my previous posts, I'm branching out in my following where God leads me thing. I now have three births lined up (to doula for) in December, January, and February, and possibly another one in January. In Jason's words yesterday (when I received yet ANOTHER call), 'that's like what, three births in a week?' Yeah, it is. Of course, it doesn't hurt that my name is at the top of the referral list (online) because it's alphebetical by last name (thanks, Jay!), but I know it's so much deeper than that. It's so much more divine. It's God. I truly know and believe that the moment my heart said, 'yes, I'm willing to take a risk for you, God,' He was like, 'okay, here ya go!' (And yes, God does speak in the vernacular with me, and sometimes just like me in half English and half Portunol [that would be really poor Portuguese mixed with Spanish that I spoke in Timor], because you know what? He's talking to me! and that's the language I speak. God's so intimately personal like that. It's His nature. It's we humans who try to make everything impersonal [hello, voice-prompted help lines!] and distance ourselves from each other. That's what Jesus came to do--fix the rift that opened up between people & God and people & each other when sin entered the world.)

Here I go! I'll be buying something I once swore I would never again purchase--a cell phone. But this is strictly for business, so don't think that you'll be able to call me whenever you want!! Not likely. That's why I hated the cell phone I had before for about two months or however long it was--I truly dislike being available when I'm out having some alone time cruising the clearence racks at department stores. Although for a birth, I'm always always ready to hop in the car and meet you at admissions. That's my realm, eh? So if you ever see my cell phone, or if it rings and I jump up & rush out to answer it, you'll know it's because someone's in labour! And no, you can't have the number. Call me at home and leave me a message.

Anyone out there need a doula or know someone who needs a doula (in the Kitchener area)? www.doulaCARE.ca --I'm at the top of the list!

We're still working on the whole getting certified as a midwife in Canada thing, and again, all prayers are appreciated. God was revealing some things to me on Sunday, but the overall sense I'm getting is to wait for His timing. I know He's faithful, and the past week has been even more overwhelming proof. Truly, there is none like Him.

Oh yes, and my sister is coming into town tonight, at some point (she's trying to get on an earlier flight) after the young adult get-together, so if she arrives and you're still here, you'll get to meet her. I love her. And her husband. And they're making Jason & me an Uncle & Auntie!!!!

For any pregnant people reading this: don't walk on the ice! drink lots of water! ask questions during your prenatals and childbirth classes! make up a birth plan (www.birthplan.com is a great site)! use a midwife or doula! and remember, childbirth is totally natural and normal and you were designed intricately by our Father to go through it and recover well! You go, girl!

2 Comments:

  • WOW! Has He ever been answering prayers! You sound so encouraged! I just found your blog tonight, I never thought to check your profile on the young adults blog!!

    Thanks for sharing your pictures, they are awesome! It would be nice to have you share them some time so then I could here the stories that go along with the pictures :)

    By Blogger julielewisandthenews, at 7:12 PM, November 26, 2005  

  • Julie--
    I cracked out the photo albums from India/Timor at our house on Thursday--too bad you couldn't make it! But we'll definately need to set a time and do it together, although all the photos online are different from my photos here (the ones online are from other team members' digital cameras). I'm glad you found my blog--I found yours from the cvya blog, and then a bunch of other peoples' from yours....gotta love all this networking stuff, eh?

    By Blogger Judy Baskerville, at 7:46 PM, November 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home