Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A dream about Tanzania



Last night I had my first dream of Tanzania. It was really cool, although nothing like what I'll actually be doing. I dreamed I was out in the serenghetti with a bunch of people from here, and even though it was my first day there, I was telling them all about Tanzania and the wildlife and everything. We were setting up tents that were much like tepees, and cooking in huge caldrons over fires. The grass was dry and brown, up past our knees, and the sky was clear and the sun hot. It was lovely! And I told everyone about how Tanzania is the safest country as far as wildlife goes, because nothing there will attack a human. One of the guys from my DTS was there, too (no names, in order to protect the innocent), and we were sitting talking on top of some sort of hilly/bank sort of thing. As we talked, some sort of wildcat walked right beneath our feet--it was spotted like a cheetah but only slightly bigger than a bobcat. It just looked at us, and kept walking along. There was a pair of "wild oxen" grazing behind us (not sure what wild oxen are, but that's what I called them). Then someone accidentally set fire inside their tepee, and we all helped to put it out--the smoke billowing out of the door flap. I don't remember much else, because I didn't think about it much after I woke up. Oh well. I have an incredible amount of peace now that I've dreamed about Tanzania. And I don't know why that is. I usually have very vivid dreams about places I've been or places I'm going, or whatever, but this is the first for a little while. There was a lot of peace in my dream. It was very nearly a "the lion will lay down with the lamb" feeling.



Naturally upon waking I realized what crazyness that was, because there are of course elephants that could trample you to death and not even know it, and there are lions and cheetahs and hyenas and hippos and rhinos which all pose their own threat, not to mention all the giraffes and zebras and wildebeasts who could catch people in a stampede. Anyway, I won't be out in the bush. I'll be in the city. But it was interesting.

1 Comments:

  • Gorgeous photos!! Perhaps you'll go on some cool wilderness/eco-tourism day trip while you're in Tanzania, so that you can see some of the wildlife from your dream! ;)

    By Blogger Widsith, at 9:40 AM, February 20, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home