Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Another Christina poem

The last poem I posted got such rave reviews (well, just one for the time being, but I know there's more of you out there who feel the same and won't post a comment [that's okay I'll still love you to wholeness]), that here's another by the same fine lady. I got a book of her complete poems from the library, and only had time to copy a few before they wanted the book back. Dangit! And there are so many more....... I'll borrow it again.

In other news, I'm now editing a friend's manuscript for publication! I'm so excited for him. But I can't give away any plot secrets, like the fact there are characters and a conflict and all those other sort of things. Sorry. Lips (fingers, I guess in this case) are sealed. But I will let you know when it's on the press and when you can get a copy. Should I even give away the name of my dear friend? No, I'll let the tension build, methinks. Hee hee. I'm devious.

Anyway, the poem. Yes, the poem. It really sums up what I think of love; God's love, pure human love, and friendship sort of love. You can form your own opions on it anyway.

Where love is, there comes sorrow
Today or else tomorrow:
Endure the mood,
Love only means our good.

Where love is, there comes pleasure
With or withouten measure,
Early or late
Cheering the sorriest state.

Where love is, all perfection
Is stored for heart’s delection;
For where love is
Dwells every sort of bliss.

Who would not choose a sorrow
Love’s self will cheer tomorrow?
One day of sorrow,
Then such a long tomorrow!

Christina Rossetti

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home