Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Nova Scotia in T minus three days!

Tomorrow morning we leave for the Vineyard conference in Nova Scotia! I'm so excited. And stressed. I don't know why I'm stressed. Jason is the one who gets stressed about these kinds of things. Maybe I'm being nice and taking his stress. I hate being nice.

So all our stuff is nearly packed. Except my bag. Jason was going to share a duffle bag with me, but when I got home the bag was full and I hadn't added anything to it yet. Boo. But he's going to let me have a look at it in a few minutes and see if I can't fit all my stuff in there anyway. I know I can. He just has to believe. Sing it with me: There can be miracles when you believe, though hope is frail it's hard to kill, who knows what miracles you can acheive when you believe, somehow you will, you will when you believe.......apologies for my Prince of Egypt moment. But I know some of you enjoyed that and were singing along proudly. I see that hand. Thanks for being honest.

We're going to be eating good stuff. Becky and I got together to do the planning and the shopping and the cooking. A partial menu includes: pancakes, chilli, egg salad, potato salad, tuna salad (the theme this week is salads), caesar salad, spaghetti, leek & ham soup, pork & beans, and s'mores. Don't you wish you were coming with us?

I'm tired. I need to pack my things and go to bed so I can pack the cooler in the morning. Don't expect to hear from me between now and then, but thanks anyway. I'll see if we can't find some place where they'll let us use the internet occasionally and give her the old check. If there is any sort of emergency, I can be reached on my cell phone. If you don't have my cell number, it's not an emergency.

PS--I've been working this week! It felt really good to earn some money with my own two hands. I love taking care of babies and mums. And she paid me in cash so we've got some foldy stuff for the tolls, gas, etc. Hooray!

Thank you everyone for your prayers and encouragement. Still waiting on a wee letter from the FBI in order for immigration to continue with my application. Dana will be a dear and take care of my tomatoes (defending them from the likes of Cacahuete and Mr. Cacahuete who we have just named Chipotle) and other various plants.

I hope we get to swim lots. In the ocean. Although I just found out that our campsite will have a pool, so that's good. I'm thinking twice a day, or more. I love to swim. Especially in the salty sea, when it's hot and you can just lay back on the waves and fall asleep. That's my favourite. There's nothing wrong in the world when you're laying on the gentle waves half asleep under the hot sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home