Your Real Life is Hidden

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Canning Fun...or the post composed of smilies

So as a good housewife (sans children), I have been doing a lot of canning this summer. Our most recent accomplishments are: Pear Rooibos Jelly, Chili Sauce (neither chili nor sauce, more of a generally good-tasting tomato-based food relish), and Blueberry Jam. I'm having a lot of fun, really. Didn't know I'd be buying so many dozens of mason jars the first year & a half of marriage. :)

On a related note, if I've given anyone any sort of homemade concoction in a jar, could you try your hardest to return the jar to me? They're reuseable, which is even better than recycling. :) Just got the Curious George movie soundtrack by Jack Johnson from the library, and I've been inspired by the song "The Three R's," which I naively assumed from the title would be about school work.

Enough randomness for one day. Haven't gotten a job yet. Yes, I applied to the Cambridge midwives. No, they don't want me. At least they let me know that they found someone else.

3 Comments:

  • That's a great cd! The Three R's is so much fun... 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36, 33, 30, 27, 24, 21, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3! We always try to sing along to that part and laugh our heads off.

    By Blogger julielewisandthenews, at 6:13 AM, September 03, 2006  

  • Love that sound track! The kids just rock out to this song! I'm always a little impressed with his wittiness.

    By Blogger corena, at 8:10 AM, September 03, 2006  

  • I'm sorry about the job, Judy... But I hope you find the right one soon!! When I talk to people about Joel's job search here the subject of Alberta's booming economy comes up repeatedly. But unfortunately, moving to the prairies is just not an option (and it sucks to be reminded how much better their economy is than ours). So the challenge continues!! But we can take it, we're tough! ;)

    By Blogger Widsith, at 11:35 AM, September 03, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home