Your Real Life is Hidden

Monday, October 08, 2007

Two centimetres

I was going to update before this, but between working, moving, unpacking, and picking up people from the airport, this has really been my first opportunity.

My last day of work was the last week of September--and since then I've been trying to catch up on sleep during the day that I can't seem to get at night....it would help if I was comfortable for more than a few hours in any given position! :) But it's been a big relief to be off work and now I'm not waking up with pedal edema (swollen feet), so that's a positive.

My parents got here on Tuesday of last week (six days ago). It's been great to have them around--I think finally all of Frodo's laundry is done and folded and on shelves, the cradle is ready, and now we're just waiting on the little one to arrive. Anytime. They've helped with some other projects around the house as well, and Mom has made two lasagnas for the freezer and done some of the cooking every day. I've also been made to take a nap every afternoon. It's been wonderful! :) Dad took the hedge clippers to our three overgrown bushes, so even the outside of the house looks a bit more respectable.

I got the stroller from my pregnant friend at work, Kim, yesterday. I think that's everything we need. Except for labour to start.

Tuesday (same day my parents arrived) was my last midwife appointment, and I am 2 centimetres dialated, 0% effaced as of then. Wednesday morning I lost the mucus plug. And I'm still pregnant. I'm doing everything I can think of to get this baby out, and Frodo just wants to stay inside, switching from left side to right side again, all warm and swimming about without a care in the world. So much for going 2 ½ weeks early like my sister. Any suggestions?

Today we're headed down to Jason's parents for Thanksgiving. Apparently, my mom's labour started with my brother after a huge turkey dinner. Maybe it will work for me, too. Of course, her labour with me started at church on a Sunday morning, and that didn't work yesterday. But maybe something slightly more proactive and less situational will do the trick.

I'll keep you posted.

5 Comments:

  • so ... how was dinner?

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:53 AM, October 09, 2007  

  • Oh, I'm so excited. I check your site every day, sometimes more than once a day, to see if there's an update. Thanks for putting one up!
    Baby will be here before you know it, and I can't wait to hear about your experiences giving birth! God bless!

    By Blogger Jenny, at 4:03 PM, October 09, 2007  

  • did the turkey dinner work??

    By Blogger julielewisandthenews, at 6:51 PM, October 09, 2007  

  • I took castor oil with Nate. That kid came shooting out!

    With Asher I had a big greasy dinner and sex! Boom I was in labour!

    Judah, the ob gave my cervix a little streatch and next thing I knew, there was Judah!

    Sorry, man, that's all I got!

    I'm so excited for you! I can't wait!

    By Blogger corena, at 6:24 AM, October 10, 2007  

  • Hey Judy! Its been so long since I've emailed...sorry! I'm so excited for you and your new baby on the way! Congratulations! We have a little boy who just turned 1 in September. Being parents is the greatest experience ever. Hope your little one decides to come soon because I remember how those last few days feel!

    Erin (Ensenada 2001)

    By Blogger Jeremy, at 9:10 PM, October 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home