Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Dagmar's not out of the woods

Hi all!

Received some informative emails this morning--heard from about five or six different people the world over. Still getting more emails from my BAS girls, about what they're going through, and how this is affecting them, and how to deal, and it's just good to hear from someone who knows Delphine & Dagmar. One of my BASers is in East Timor, in a remote village (the same village I lived in for six weeks), and she was feeling very alone through all of this, because the rest of her base staff had only met Daggi like once, and didn't really know her at all like of course the rest of us do. So she was encouraged by our emails, and that encourages me to keep writing about what the heck all I'm going through. Thank you also to Caroline who called me yesterday, even though we're both like "I don't know what to say." I have been so blessed by the people from the Vineyard who have emailed me and posted comments on my blog. Seriously, I have been SO embraced by everyone, and I honestly am completely overwhelmed by how much love and caring have surrounded me. Thank you everyone.

Ulani emailed me this morning the latest about Dagmar. Her mother has flown down to South Africa and is with her (Erin's mother is also there). She's still not doing well, and the doctors have said it's doubtful whether she'll wake up. I remember other things the doctors told us in India--that a baby wouldn't live through the night, or that a baby had already died en utero, and these babies lived, or were born with a heartbeat. Whose report will you believe? We will believe the report of the Lord--a report of hope and life and grace and miracles!!! We will believe the One Who raises the dead and tells the sea to stop and mountains to be removed!!!

Please, take the time today to pray for Dagmar, to fight for her, to sing a song of victory over her, to read scripture over her as you call out to our Father. He hears our cries from heaven, and is mighty to save.

2 Comments:

  • Judy, my heart breaks for everyone who's been affected by this accident... I'll keep everyone in constant prayer!!

    Blessings,
    Dana

    By Blogger Widsith, at 12:27 PM, December 24, 2005  

  • Thanks, Dana, and thank you so much for praying with me on Thursday.
    Just to share with everyone else--Caroline, Dana & I prayed for Dagmar and the girls and their families, and I was really touched by the picture of a rooster crowing that Caroline got. I haven't gotten any further updates from Perth, but I know that God is at work.
    Jason & I were part of the carolers last night at church, singing in the foyer as people came in, and I did pretty well keeping my emotions in check. Then we got to "Hark the Herald Angels Sing", all the way to half-way through the third verse before I lost it. Those lines always get me:
    Mild He lays His glory by
    Born that men no more may die
    Born to raise the sons of earth
    Born to give them second birth...
    There I go again with the tears. I was crying so hard through most of the worship after that, I couldn't even lipsynch. God is so good, so faithful, so humble and true and worthy of all adoration. I know part of my cry is that of all creation, longing to be redeemed from the present cycle of life and birth. Part of it is wondering if He will be raising up Dagmar into His presence soon or restoring her body here on earth......
    Anyway, Merry Christmas all. I've already had a great day, and it isn't even lunch time yet! :)

    By Blogger Judy Baskerville, at 9:05 AM, December 25, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home