Your Real Life is Hidden

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Frodo has arrived


At last my tiny hobbit has made an appearance. On Saturday morning, Jason and I welcomed our firstborn son at home in our bedroom. Edmund Robert Nash came into the world after a week of labour and an hour of pushing. Pushing is definitely the good part. He is beautiful and perfect. My mom was able to be there with us as he was delivered. What a blessing the whole birth turned out to be for our family. The midwives were incredible, the timing was right, the place was perfect. And best of all, a week of labour was behind me forever, and I did not have to go to the hospital for medical intervention.

My two boys are upstairs sleeping now, but I think I'm going to wake the little one for a feed. Jason has been a natural at fatherhood and has helped me and coddled me and taken brilliant care of our son.

Thank you everyone for your prayers for Edmund's delivery, and for your continued prayers for my recovery and our getting used to being a three-person family. More photos to follow soon.

5 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home