Your Real Life is Hidden

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

I'm a bad hobbit

For those of you who only follow me in the virtual world, the good news is I am alive and well. :) So well, in fact, that there are two of me (if you didn't already know, that's because I'm pregnant). In August sometime we will be seeing the face of the little one who has already brought us so much joy and so much weight gain. LOL

I've been back at work for seven months now--whew! It's a lot harder when there's someone at home I'd rather be spending my day with. But Edmund's adjusted to the changes really well and for the most part, he spends a good chunk of the day with either Jason or I.

I've been bugged for pictures of my little hobbit, who (can you believe it!) is already eighteen months old and poised to become a big brother. So here he is:



Getting suited up to pick up mommy from a late night at work (Daddy was able to get him out of the crib, into his snowsuit, and into the car before he woke up).



Looking like a hobo before his first haircut (16 months).



Mommy, don't ever do that to me again! But he looks so good. Like his father. :)

In other not as good news, my sister's firstborn, Caleb, is in the hospital, having apparently suffered a stroke on Thursday. He just turned three. Here's a link to their site if you are interested (you will have to register to read it):

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/amrobrahn

To sum up, doctors don't know why he had a stroke. His CT scan, MRI, and EKG all look good (on the MRI they saw the spot they say was the stroke), and the blood work they've gotten back so far has been normal. He is going to be moved to a children's hospital soon so he can start physical therapy to regain the normal use of the left side of his body. He has already shown quite a bit of movement and improvement over the last few days, and all the doctors are very hopeful. Please pray for my sister, Melinda, and their family at this time. She also has a nine-month old, Peter, at home who has been missing them while they've been staying with Caleb. As far as the plan still stands, we are all going to be meeting up in Albuquerque in a month, and I just can't wait to see them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home