Your Real Life is Hidden

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Canada's newest permanent resident.....

C'est moi! Jason and I just got back from the immigration office, and my PR card is coming in the mail in the next two weeks. Hooray! So in all, it took almost exactly 13 months from the day they received our application to process it, and it would have been a shorter time if we hadn't had to wait almost four months for the FBI to mail me a police certificate. So there's hope for all of you out there going through this same process: it will eventually end.

On a similar note, the woman who did our final interview/signing of important documents thinks it will be no big deal to get my PR card to have my married name! That is above and beyond awesome! I'm so glad we brought in the marriage certificate and all my other new ID with my name on it. That was just a bonus.

In other news, our car has had a spot of trouble. She's in the shop at the moment. :( So we're deciding what we're going to do about that.

I think that's about all my news.

4 Comments:

  • YAY!! Congratulations, Judy! That's so excitin, and very encouraging to hear. And I look forward to Joel's card coming in the mail one day too. :)

    By Blogger Widsith, at 8:36 AM, September 27, 2006  

  • btw, I'm sorry to hear about the car. We've been in that boat so often, and it sucks. Do you happen to know anyone (at church maybe?) who would be willing to fix it for slightly less than the mechanic would charge? Just a thought...

    By Blogger Widsith, at 8:37 AM, September 27, 2006  

  • Well, not really. It would be a big thing to get her towed somewhere else to be worked on, and they've already started the work at Canadian Tire, and she's where we can just walk down to pick her up when she's done. So we're just making do, I guess.

    By Blogger Judy Baskerville, at 9:19 AM, September 27, 2006  

  • Congratulations Judy! I'm so pleased for you! What a major relief for you finally. Bye the way, how did your interview go?

    If you have any questions about your car or do need some advice about it... give Dan a call, he's really good, and knows alot about cars(has changed many a transmission, fixed lots of brakes, exhausts, etc).

    Blessings,
    Simone

    By Blogger Simone, at 3:14 PM, September 27, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home