Your Real Life is Hidden

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Things are going better.....

Ji-Huen came out of the shop today. She's doing fine now, driving well and sleeping it off in the underground. :) I missed her and felt quite cooped up in the apartment the past several days.

I took a long walk today to the library and back (before we picked Ji up from the doctor), and that was good. It gave me some headspace, and for a moment standing upon a mountain of trash, I thought about the way my life was when I lived in Alberta, running through the forest and stumbling upon moose and deer and beavers. We were always just two steps away from being in total wilderness, and I loved that. I miss that like crazy here. Sure, we can drive out of the city and spend a few days on the farm (hello, Saturday!), but to be in the forest, the uncultivated land, the hills that are more like mountains than speedbumps, the prairie stretching out before you once you clear out of the trees.........am I filled with some crazy longing today or what?!

In response to some other questions I've had, the job interview went well last week. It turns out it wasn't an interview at all, but testing to see if I and a bunch of other candidates are competent enough to do the job. Once they're done processing those results, I'll be called in for some more testing, an interview, and an extensive background check. Hooray! But I feel very confident and I want it, so that's almost the same as having it, eh? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home