Your Real Life is Hidden

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Things

Well, the chiropractic therapy is going well. My chiropractor is very encouraging and says I'm one of the best patients he has. Hooray! He's very happy with my progress. Next week is my last week of three sessions, then I move on to only two sessions per week! I really enjoy going, though. So it's a good thing and a challenge. :)

I went to an interview this morning before visiting the good ol' chiropractor. I think it went well. I'll find out soon enough how it went. While I was waiting for my turn, I got to chatting with some other people who were there waiting--one man who is from Columbia and is immigrating with his wife and daughter. We had a good chat--in Spanish! I told him I was just okay at Spanish because it's been so long since I've spoken it and I don't have any Spanish-speaking friends here to practice with. He said I did great (I think he was being nice). We talked about the difficulties of immigrating and the differences between Canada and the countries we came from. It was a good time. He & his wife have been here a few more months than me, but they're still deep in the midst of the immigration process because they're coming as refugees. I really did have it easy coming on a family visa. Thank God! And then I talked to another woman who was there, originally from China. We talked about people getting persecuted there and how crazy the govenment is (the reason she left). She gave me some pamphlets about persecution in China and a web address so I can write to our MP about it. I thought that was cool. I had to wait half an hour for my interview this morning, but it was the best time I've ever had waiting. It was all just an opportunity that I couldn't have predicted, but definately enjoyed.

I've also started working out at the gym every day (starting yesterday). I won a free month-long membership from the 50s Diner, and I'm really into it. Today I did about 35 minutes on the treadmill, and some very very brief work with free weights (because I was tired and it was hard! and the cord for my earphones didn't want to reach me standing up). Then it was into the jacuzzi (that was nice), and the sauna for about five minutes when I felt like I was going to pass out. It was tres hot in there. My goodness! And I needed to eat, which was a contributing factor to the feelings of fainthood. I was doing some stretches in the locker room after my nice long run/walk, a few yoga poses and some general stretches. When I was done stretching, a woman who had been watching me asked me if I was meditating and how I could concentrate in a room full of talking women and music and other general sorts of distraction. I told her I wasn't meditating exactly, but listening to Rick Warren's Purpose Driven Life and just concentrating on that. She said she'd like to hear it, so she's getting it form the library. She's into meditation. It was just one of those small moments where my life intersected with someone else's. That was cool.

To utilize all this time I spend in the car now driving from Kitchener to Cambridge five--yes, five!--times a week, I've borrowed a French CD series from the library. It's very elementry, but I gotsta start somewhere, eh? I don't know how to conjugate verbs yet, but I can count to twenty (sometimes) and I know question words. It's good to be studying a language. I enjoy that so much. I also picked up a book on Spanish grammar from the library today. I need to refresh the ol' memory box and remember all the things which once dwelt at the front of my mind. My conversation today con la familia columbiana really illustrated that for me.

There yas have it. Oh, my good friends Steve & Caroline finally got married on Saturday (after six years--SIX YEARS!!! of dating). Congrats to them! Caroline was of course absolutely exquisite in her gown. Well, she's exquisite anyway because of the joy that's just been radiating from her since we met. I'm a tad bit jealous because they're honeymooning in Quebec, and I'm very eager to return there.

2 Comments:

  • it sounds like you are having a very full life right now. How cool. God gives us amazing oppertunities to witness into people's lives, doesn't He? Great. Love you.

    By Blogger Jenny, at 9:39 AM, October 29, 2006  

  • thanks for the prayers...we need all the prayer cover we can get right now. Love you

    By Blogger Jenny, at 12:47 PM, October 31, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home